Saturday, December 8, 2012

Both My Children


Both my children went to the poles on November 6th. Tamsen physically: I was impressed with her level of understanding, touched by her disappointment in neither candidate actually being there and grateful she caught one on my ballot that I had skipped. Kenan’s impact was more outreaching: I was humbled by the number of individuals considering which presidential candidate best represents him and our family, both in healthcare reform and medical research. It is profound to experience Kenan's life having influence on the very personal and sacred act of voting, that his voice was the momentum that pushed the pen to complete the arrow constituting choice. It all started by simply not wanting to bare it alone; everything that followed has proven greater. The act of advocacy need only start small.



No comments:

Post a Comment